We have started the new year with a nice, fresh, long awaited reboot of the main shared hosting server.
Upgraded BoxBilling (billing system) to 2.12.5
Bind (DNS) upgraded to 9.8.2-0.10.rc1.el6_3.6
- PHP was updated to 5.4.8 which is supposed to be a lot faster than 5.3 and more secure.
- MySQL was updated to 5.5.28
The following modules were updated to be exact:
◦MySQL (php-mysql) – A extension for PHP applications that use MySQL databases.
◦PostgreSQL (php-pgsql) – A extension for PostgreSQL database for PHP.
◦MongoDB (php-pecl-mongo) – A driver for MongoDB database.
◦SQLite (php-sqlite) – Extension for SQLite Database Engine.
◦Memcache (php-pecl-memcache) – Memcached caching daemon.
◦Memcached (php-pecl-memcached) – Memcached caching daemon.
◦GD (php-gd) – GD extension for PHP application to serve graphics.
◦XML (php-xml) – XML Parser for PHP applications.
◦MBString (php-mbstring) – Mbstring extension is used to handle multi-byte string in PHP applications.
◦MCrypt (php-mcrypt) – A Mcrypt library for PHP scripts.
◦APC (php-pecl-apc) – APC module used to optimize and cache PHP code.
◦CLI (php-cli) – Command-line interface for PHP.
◦PEAR (php-pear) – Application Repository framework for PHP.
◦PDO (php-pdo) – Database access module for PHP applications.
The following tasks and upgrades have been performed on all virtual/reseller hosting servers.
- Monthly nessus vulnerability scan
- mysql (MySQL client programs and shared libraries) 5.1.66-1.el6_3
- mysql-server (The MySQL server and related files) 5.1.66-1.el6_3
- libproxy (A library handling all the details of proxy configuration) New version 0.3.0-3.el6_3 updates
- libproxy-bin (Binary to test libproxy) New version 0.3.0-3.el6_3 updates
- libproxy-python (Binding for libproxy and python) New version 0.3.0-3.el6_3
- Reconfigured PostFix mail server