Using the Upload and Download module
The Upload and Download module assists you in getting files to your server -- either by downloading files from the Internet onto your server, or by allowing you to upload them from your PC to the server.
It assumes you have first logged into Virtualmin.
1. Click Webmin on the top-left.
2. Click Others.
3. Click Upload and Download.
To download a file from the Web onto your server:
1. Input the URL to the file in the URLs to download textarea. This would be something like http://example.com/downloads/myfile.tar.gz.
2. Choose the directory where you would like to store the file. To save it in your users home directory, enter /home/yourusername in the Download to file or directory field.
3. Click Download URL's.
To upload a file from your PC to your server:
1. Click the Upload to server tab.
2. Click Browse next to Files to upload, and select the file to upload to the server.
3. Choose the directory where you would like to store the file. To save it in your users home directory, enter /home/yourusername in the File or directory to upload to field.
4. Click Upload.